Auto insurance can help protect you and others should you have an accident while driving. There are several different coverages that you can purchase with an auto insurance policy:
- Liability – Pays for property damage and injuries from and accident caused by you that you are legally liable for. It also pays for a legal defense if you are sued.
- Medical Payments – Pays for injuries to you or passengers regardless of fault. It’s often an affordable supplement to your medical insurance.
- Collision – Pays for any damage to your vehicle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive – Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by hail, fire, theft, vandalism, glass breakage, etc. Essentially, comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from any damage not caused by a collision.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Pays for injuries and property damage to you caused by a driver who does not have any or enough insurance.
- Roadside Assistance – Pays for lockouts, dead battery, tire change, bringing you fuel and towing to the nearest place for repairs.
- Loss of Use – Pays for a rental car while your car is being repaired due to a covered loss.
At the very least, anyone operating a motor vehicle is required to have liability coverage. This ensures that drivers have the means to cover the basic costs of an accident that they might cause.
Get Your Auto Insurance Quote Today
Our licensed staff is ready to help you. Because we’re an independent insurance agent we can shop from the top insurance companies to help you find the right coverage at the right price.